The outing to Drusillas Park and Zoo was the last event in our Summer programme, on 23 August. To know more about Drusillas Park and Zoo please click here.
Although it was overcast when we set off in the morning, by the time we arrived it was already clearing up. By the afternoon it had become a hot and sunny day.
On arrival we had a picnic and then we went through the zoo. There were plenty of animals, birds, and some insects to see. The most popular being the sloths and the meerkats.
We then went to funfair zone and the children had lots of fun on the numerous rides and the geyser paddling pool.
Parents and children were happy to have the opportunity to visit Drusillas. Drusillas Park is an especially expensive place, and without CASE Central many of our guests would not afford it. Also, they enjoyed our picnic and refreshments.
As we forgot our monitoring form pad, we bought special Drusillas booklet and circulated them with colour pens on our way back to CASE Central. We received enthusiastic comments including:
- ‘It was really nice to go to Drusillas, hopefully I go again’
- ‘Lovely day out had so much fun!! Thanks.
- ‘Had a brill day. Hope to do it again’
- ‘We have had a super day. Thank you so much! Really hope we can come to Drusillas with you again’
- Amazing day out, kids loved it. Very well organised. Thank you to everyone.